CORONAVIRUS NOTICE – We are still operational as normal

Nine Fascinating Trivial Bathroom Facts

Brush up on your toilet trivia with these 9 fascinating facts about bathrooms

The bathroom is a place of privacy and tranquillity where we can unwind and escape from the world for a few brief moments while we cleanse ourselves – Public toilets on the other hand tend to be an awkward place filled with unsavoury smells, creepy looking strangers and squelchy floors! We have compiled a list of 10 fascinating facts about bathrooms that will quite literally blow you away. Go on! Impress your friends with some intriguing toilet trivia!

1 – On average a person spends three years of their life sitting on the toilet! Just think how much can be achieved in three years – Why don’t you try keeping a French dictionary in the loo and by the time you’re 80 you’ll be fluent!

2 – Certain studies show that up to 70% of people admit to having a snoop around in other people’s bathroom cabinets. In this light I’d advise that you either hide any embarrassing creams and medication away when you have guests; or alternatively you can freak them out by planting something weird in there instead! (Use your imagination)

3 – Believe it or not flushing your toilet with the seat open will actually spread germs across your bathroom, whereas if you flush with the seat closed you can contain the germs more effectively – I hate to say it gentleman, but it looks like the ladies have been right all along!

4 – Every single year over 7 million phones are broken as they take the plunge into the dank and dirty depths of the toilet – this is something I’ve never quite understood myself; unless 7 million people try to take pictures of their achievements. If you’re going to insist on playing Candy Crush while you poop be sure to hold on tight.

5 – 75% of people leave the door open when they’re using the toilet at home on their own; who the other 25% are I’ll never know but they have no idea what they’re missing!

6 – Contrary to popular belief the toilet seat is not the most unhygienic part of your home, office or car. In fact there are more bacteria on your steering wheel, at your desk and in your bathroom sink!

7 – In many Eastern Cultures, for example: India, the left hand is used for wiping in the toilet; this is why it is polite to shake hands with the right.

8 – When using a public bathroom you should always go for the first cubicle if you want the best cleanliness and the least likelihood of finding yourself stuck with no toilet tissue. This is because most people will head down toward the end cubicle where they are more tucked out of the way.

9 – The vast majority of injuries in the bathroom occur when people have fallen into the toilet after the seat has been left up (Come on gents! Sort it out!) Also, there is a staggeringly large number of people that have ended up getting their arms trapped after trying to reach for something they’ve dropped (Phones for example) – My advice is to keep your hands where you can see them!

Categories

Tags

Featured Products

  • Sale!

    White Painted Bathroom Storage Unit 500P ADD ON

    £199.00
    Add to basket
  • Sale!

    Grey Painted Bathroom Storage Unit 500G ADD ON

    £199.00
    Add to basket
  • Sale!

    White Painted Oak Top Bathroom Storage Unit 300P ADD ON

    £199.00
    Add to basket

Subscribe